Uploading files to Pd' Programming
Article created: Dec 23 2013, updated: Dec 23 2013
Background: This article is for users that have been requested to upload a file or files to Pd' Programming
Status: Info - "how to" article
*Article - fact*
In the process of creating a configuration or exploring an issue Pd' Programming may request a file or group of files be uploaded to our web site. This process shows how to upload a file to the Pd' Programming web site. Although not required we do recommend the file be zipped before upload. Zipping will compress the size of the file or files, and save time uploading the file to the Pd' Programming web site.
If you are sending multiple files to Pd' Programming, all files to be sent should be located in or copied to a single directory for this process.
Zipping the file or files:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Browse to the directory that contains the file or files to be uploaded in Windows Explorer.
- Select the file or files to be sent(Hold the Ctrl key and left click the files to select them).
- With the files selected right click, and select Send to Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A zip file will then be created with the name of the first file selected.
Sending files to Pd' Programming:
- Go to our web site www.pdmagic.com.
- Click on the Login link near the bottom left corner of the page.
- On the login screen enter your user name, password and click the login button to enter the site.
- Once logged in click on the Upload Files link under the Quick Links section on the right side of the page.
- Click the top Browse button and locate the zip file that you created in the previous section.
- Enter a description of the file in the field.
- Click the Upload button to complete the process.