As with any import it is recommended that you backup your Intersection Magic database before beginning the import. This will allow you to revert to your old data if a problem develops with your new database.
Here are the steps to backup your current database:
- For this step, you will need to start the Intersection Magic program as you normally would.
- From the Intersection Magic menu, choose Utilities / Database / Copy
- You will be prompted for the database to copy from. This should already be set to your current database. Simply choose ok.
- You will now be prompted for a new database name. Replace the four question marks with a suitable backup name. You may also browse to a new location to save the backup database to.
- A dialog box will confirm that you've copied the database. Select Ok. This has not changed your existing database.
Now that we have a backup of the database we can begin to import the new data. Here are the steps:
- With Intersection Magic open select Utilities / Database / Import
- Ensure that the Import definition file shows the swit.iml file, and the Import changes file shows swit.cng(The Source data file will show [not applicable])
- If you would like to process your street changes check the check box and select your street changes file
- Click OK
- Select the Collisions.txt file and click OK
- Select the Party.txt file and click OK
- Click Yes to begin importing(SWITRs data contains three files: Collision, Party and Victim. Only the Collision and Party files are needed by Intersection Magic)
After the import examine the error log for any problems that may have occurred during import.