A copy of the new Map Magic Add-In will need to be downloaded from the Pd Magic web site. Pd' Programming recommeds the new file be saved to the Crash Magic server under the user downloads directory(<>\PdMagic\CrashMagicOnline\Sys\Files\UserDownloads). This will allow all Crash Magic users to access the file.
Users will then be able to log into Crash Magic, and select the downloads tab from their home page. From here they can click on the file link to download the new Add-In to their machines. If your organization has not defined a default Add-In directory for ArcMap objects Pd Programming recommends creating a PdMagic\MapMagic directory in the program files directory to save the file( "Program Files\PdMagic\MapMagic\" for 32 bit and Program Files (x86)\PdMagic\MapMagic\ for 64bit machines). Once saved to a local users machine the file can be installed. Prior versions of Map Magic are not compatible with ArcMap 10, and should be removed before installing this new version.
Adding the file to ArcMap
- Open ArcMap 10 with the current map.
- With the map open right click on a empty section of the tool bar
- Click the Add from file button
- Select the MapMagicForArcMap10.esriAddIn
- Click the Install Add-In button
- Click the OK button showing the objects to be added
Now that the Map Magic Add-In has been installed the buttons will need to be added to the tool bar
- If the customize Toolbars window is not open right click on a empty section of the tool bar and select Customize
- Under the Toolbars tab click the check box next to Pd' Map Magic
If your buttons have not displayed using the previous steps then you will need to manual drag the buttons to the tool bar
- With the customize Toolbars window open click on the Commands tab
- Under the Categories select Pd' Map Magic
- Drag the buttons shown under the Commands section to one of the AcrMap tool bars
Settings from previous versions of Map Magic are not compatible with Map Magic for ArcMap 10. See our article on settings for ArcMap 10