Oracle must be told not to display the change password dialogue window. This is done in the Oracle connection string by adding the parameter "PwdChgDlg=0" to any connection strings. Specific information on this parameter can be found in the Oracle Provider for OLE DB Developer's Guide. When this parameter is set Oracle will raise an exception that can be passed to the user(ORA-28001: the password has expired).
All database connections are defined in the .shared user for the group in the connections section of the admin tree. These instructions cover the common default connection, but all connections should be changed.
- Log into the Crash Magic web site as the Group Admin
- In the admin tree on the left, click on the plus sign (+) next to the .shared user under the user group that your are currently logged into
- Under the .shared user, click the plus sign (+) next to the connection name in the admin tree
- Click on the Default name to view details on the default connection
- Click the green settings tab
- Enter ";PwdChgDlg=0" to the end of the current connection string
This process should be repeated for all connections listed under the connection of the .shared user.
Once this parameter is set users will receive an error message, and can change their password through appropriate channels.