Crash Magic allows users to select the value descriptions or looked up value for their diagram labels. This allows all users to understand the collision labels in a diagram.
Crash Magic must be told to use the looked up value as opposed to the raw data value of the database. Crash Magic uses the @ symbol in front of a field to do this. The following example shows how to change a diagram label to the a weather field. These instructions assume that your are logged into Crash Magic Online with a diagram.
- Click on the green "Diagram Settings" tab
- Click the "..." button next to the content box
- Click the "Clear expression" button to remove the current label
- Click the drop down menu in the upper right corner of the window
- Select "QueryFieldsLU"
- Select the @(your weather condition field) from the list of fields
- Click the "Insert function" button to add the field
- Click the "Save and return" button
If your database has been configured to provide descriptions for weather the appropriate description will be displayed for each collision. If Crash Magic can not find any lookup information for the value then the raw data value will be shown.
Use a + sign to add other fields, and quoted strings. As an example: @Weather + "-Num of Veh " + @Total_Vehicles would produce Rain-Num of Veh 3.