Sending your Crash Magic Online configuration to Pd' Programming
Article created: Sep 22 2010, updated: Nov 08 2011
Background: In supporting Crash Magic Online Pd' Programming may need to get a copy of your configuration.
Status: Info - "how to" article
*Article - references*
Crash Magic Online configurations map client data to the Crash Magic program. In resolving some support issues it becomes nnecessary for Pd' Programming to get a copy of the configuration that is in use. This article describes how to export the configuration and upload it to the PdMagic web site.
There are two steps to sending your configuration to Pd' Programming. The first is to export a copy of the configuration to a local computer. The next is to upload the file to our web site.
Export the configuration:
- Log into Crash Magic as the Group Admin
- Click on the name of your user group in the admin tree on left of the screen
- Once you have selected the user group, click on the "Open the Export Wizard" button( This button at the bottom of the screen with a green arrow pointing down on a paper)
- Click the " Export the current user group for new install" link in the "Crash Magic Export" window
- Save the XML file to a location that you can access
- Click the Done button on the ".shared Import / Export" and "Crash Magic Export" windows to return to Crash Magic.
Sending the configuration file to Pd' Programming:
- Go to our web site www.pdmagic.com
- Click on the Login link near the bottom left corner of the page
- On the login screen enter your user name, password and click the login button to enter the site
- Once logged in click on the Upload Files link under the Quick Links section on the right side of the page
- Click the top Browse button and locate the file that you exported in the previous section
- Enter CMO Configuration and the version of Crash Magic Online that you exported the file from - Example(CMO Configuration 2.13.64)
- Click the Upload button to complete the process.