There are three main points to getting your map working with Map Magic. The first item is to save the dll to your computer. Then add the buttons to ArcMap. After that just upload the file that contains your settings. The following is a detailed description of theses items.
Save the dll to your computer.
- Create a directory structure to store the dll for Arc Map. Pd Programming recommends C:\Program Files\PdMagic\MapMagic\CMO\, but your policies my dictate a different location.
- Open Crash Magic and click on the Downloads tab on your home page.
- Right click on the MapMagicCMO.dll link.
- Select "Save Target As".
- Save to the directory that you created (C:\Program Files\PdMagic\MapMagic\CMO\MapMagicCMO.dll).
Add the buttons to Arc Map.
- Open Arc Map and select your GIS map.
- Right click on the tool bar and select Customize... in the menu.
- Click on the Commands tab.
- Click the Add from file... button.
- Locate, and select MapMagicCMO.dll that you saved (C:\Program Files\PdMagic\MapMagic\CMO\MapMagicCMO.dll).
- Click the Open button.
- Click OK to add the objects.
- Drag the each button shown in the Commands list to your Arc Map tool bar.
- Click the Close button when you have placed all of the buttons.
Upload the file that contains your settings
- Click on the Map Magic Settings button.
- Click on the Common tab of the Settings window.
- Click the Import settings button.
- Click Yes to overwrite all settings in Map Magic.
- Select your settings file, and click Open.
- Click the Save button to save the settings.
The settings should now be loaded. Check the XY selection tool, and the Send selections tool to ensure they are calling Crash Magic.