Using the Pd Data Extractor.
Article created: May 03 2005, updated: May 03 2005
Background: This describes how to use the new Pd Data Extractor.
Status: Info - "how to" article
*Installation and setup*
Some configurations require that data be extracted from a database using custom data prep program. The Pd Data extractor was created for just that purpose. The data extractor requires version 6.685 or higher of Intersection Magic and a supporting configuration. This article gives a brief description on how to run the extractor for a standard extraction.
The custom data prep program extracts data from a database into a text file that Intersection Magic can import. You must have a supporting configuration and version 6.685 or higher.
- Open Intersection Magic.
- Select Utilities/Database/Import.
- Click the button “Click here to execute your custom data prep program”.
- Click the button “Click here to select the input database file name”.
- Browse to the MS Access data file from that you would like to import. It should have a *.mdb extension. (The default database is Access, but others can be selected in the advanced tab).
- Click the button “Click here to begin extraction”, and accept the default location for the temporary text file.( If you need to change the file location and/or name click on the “Click here to select the output file name”)
- Click the Ok button when the extraction has finished.
- Click the Exit button to close the Pd Extractor window.
- Click the Ok button in the Import window to begin the import process.
- Click the Yes button to confirm the Import.
- Review the logs when finished.
- If everything was done correctly it should only contain one error “Import errors (critical errors. record not imported): 1” Line one will not be imported. Line one contains the field definitions for the import file, and is not imported.